Thursday, 24 November 2016
This term we have been learning all about the Marae. We have learned that…….
- The Marae is an important focal point for the community.
- The Marea is a place where tradition and customs can be carried out.
- The Marae is a place where people can express their values with dignity.
- There are many kawa ( protocols) that prevail on the marae.
- Marae kawa (protocols) can differ between maraes and iwi.
We have focussed on some key concepts when doing this learning.
These are listed and explained in the table below.
give the meaning of these concepts in your own words.
The way they do things
the local people
visitors to the marae
where you are from
care for people
See this video for an explanation of the roles and responsibilities of people on a marae.
Something I would like to learn more about the marae is... what do the carvings mean?
Wednesday, 16 November 2016
A few weeks ago the Kauri team had our athletics I was in the 12 year old boys and I was number one so I had to do all of the field events first. I was resilient because I had to do everything first and I tried my best in every thing.