Monday 20 March 2017

Writing blog post

In writing I have been learning to use a wide range of punctuation appropriately and with increasing accuracy like . , ! ? “”
- colon :
- semi-colon ;
- hyphen -
- parentheses ( )
- brackets [ ]
- ellipses ...

I have been especially focusing on using parentheses and semi-colon. I have highlighted these in green where I have used them as well as other punctuation that I changed because it was used incorrectly. Here is a piece of my writing that shows this.


To be a good leader you need to be resilient. A great leader that is resilient is Brendon McCullum because he has played 100 consecutive test matches ; he has captained the Blackcaps through many hard tours and series and he never gave up. As my role as Head Boy I need to be resilient because if some things are hard I need to not give up and keep trying. I will be resilient by keep trying and not giving up. Another way to be a good leader is being a good active thinker.

Being a good activer thinker means that you are able to problem solve. Bill gates is a great leader because he is a great active thinker. He thought of new ideas and products.(He is one of the most successful people in the world.) Being an active thinker is important to my role because if I have to do a speech with hardly any notice. I will demonstrate this by thinking on the spot if I have to. Another trait of an effective leader is Integrity




No comments:

Post a Comment